Friday, July 24, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

So I haven't posted in a lifetime, but I think I know why -- Summer is BORING! Aside from work, I really never do much over the summer months. As sad as it is, I didn't really stay in touch with most of my high school friends, and seeing as I went to school 500 miles away, I can't really see my school friends either. Oh well, only a month until I go back!!!

In other news, I saw two of the summer's biggest movies this week: Harry Potter and Brüno (yes, I googled that name to get the little umlaut because I am a perfectionist and can't figure out how to do that on my keyboard, sigh.)

First Harry Potter: Not bad. Actually, good, even very good. I will admit I am a super fan of the books (having basically grown up with them) and I have pretty high standards when it comes to the movies. A few of the subplots were left out (including one MAJOR one that kind of pissed me off because it wasn't included), but overall, great special effects and a lot more about the relationships between the characters.

Now Brüno: Pretty bad. A few funny moments (the talk-show part was my personal favorite part) but the rest was awful. I like Borat, so I expected more of the same. I had seen the character Brüno on Da Ali G Show and thought he was pretty funny. I don't know what happened to the movie (actually, it was just poorly executed and relied way too much on the gay thing and extremely vulgar sex acts). So all in all, just bad. I wish I would have seen Harry Potter again.

Of course since I saw Harry Potter, I had to reread the last book in preparation for the next movie, but that only comes out next year so that was a pretty flimsy excuse on my part. God, this post is making me look like more and more of a nerd. Oh well. No sense denying it now!

And thanks to J over at Who's Life for showing some love!

I hope everyone's summer is a little more exciting than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment