Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sticky Situation

I am in a really strange situation which I'm sure is familiar to many gay/bi/curious guys. A few weeks before school ended, I met a guy through Craigslist. Yeah, yeah, not the best place, and believe me I've learned that the hard way, but what can I say? I was horny and looking for a male companion for the night. We met up, and it turns out the guy is totally awesome and we hung out for 5 straight days before I had to go back south. We have talked constantly via text message, AIM and even Skype, and I really think I might be falling for him. The only problem is that he is bi and completely unsure/unwilling to come out fully, which is something I've come to realize is absolutely necessary for my sanity and any potential relationship (speaking from past experiences). He has said he would consider it (and basically told me that the thought never would have crossed his mind if he hadn't met me). I'm going back to school tomorrow, partially to get the last of my apartment things packed up, but mostly just to see him for a few days. I really think this has potential, and I told him I'm willing to wait and let him decide if he wants to to come out of the bi closet. Is it worth it to wait and see what happens, and just hope that he decides the way I want him too (by the way, I'm pretty sure I know the answer I want from this, but it just helps to type it out!)?

What really complicates this is that I recently met up with a guy I had talked to last summer from home who goes to school in-state, and we hooked-up late last week. We have been talking back and forth, and though I know there isn't much potential for anything long-term since I go to school out-of-state, I did have a lot of fun with him. The guilt did dampen the fun though, and I feel like that might be a sign of my true feelings for school guy.

What to do?! If the guy from school doesn't give me any clue as to what he wants to do, is it ok to have a casual fling on the side back home? and should I tell either one about the other? What a moral dilemma!

1 comment:

  1. If you think the College Guy has potential, give him some time. It sounds like he is also struggling with coming out. I can definitely identify and sympathize. It sounds like you really have developed some feelings for him. And, if you are absolutely willing to wait, that only shows him your understanding and compassion. Give him time and go for it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete