Friday, July 31, 2009

Rude People

So I just got off of work (which I will say involves preparing coffee, you can guess what chain it is haha) and it was a pretty sucky night. Mostly just some really rude people who kind of got me down. It honestly amazes me how some people have no manners. Especially the people who you think would (usually the well dressed people). I don't know if it's just elitism or just that some people were not taught to respect everyone, even if they are making their extra hot soy latte. Those sort of things just tend to get to me and put a damper on my night. Oh well, I guess that's why they pay me the big bucks.

Aaaanyway, things with the guy back at school (I think I'll call him Sam) are still in the same spot they were before. We haven't talked about the future or any possible relationship for awhile now, but we talk every day and we seem to be acting more like
we're together with every passing day. So who knows! I still really like him, but there is no way I could be in a serious thing with him if he couldn't tell anyone. So I'm stuck in the same place. I don't want to push or force him to do anything, so for now I'm playing the waiting game.

And I'm reading a pretty go
od book right now called "Relentless Pursuit" by Donna Foote. It's basically a third-person memoir of the lives of Teach for America recruits in Los Angeles over the course of a year. I am seriously considering applying for teaching jobs in the inner-city of DC, New York, Philly, or some other city east of the Mississippi and it has really made me think about that tough teaching environment.

So I just realized that this post is really disjointed, but just read all the paragraphs individually. I hope everyone's summer is going well!

1 comment: